THE ENNEAGRAM FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP
WHY INVEST YOUR TIME AND MONEY IN THE WELLNESS OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP?
Because it matters. Now more than ever, it has become clear how essential it is to invest in our own and our partner’s personal development and wellness, because simply put: our well-being has always (and will always) be the most important investment we make in this life.
HOW CAN I CREATE A THRIVING AND FULFILLING RELATIONSHIP?
A powerful tool for understanding ourselves and our partners is THE ENNEAGRAM — a dynamic personality framework of 9 CORE TYPES describing nine different patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. All personality typing systems can be useful for personal growth, but what separates the ENNEAGRAM from the rest is that, instead of focusing on our traits and behaviours, it explores the fears, desires, and motivations that lie in the unconscious layers of our personalities and influence how we show up in our relationships.
BENEFITS OF KNOWING YOU AND YOUR PARTNER'S ENNEAGRAM TYPES
- THE ENNEAGRAM assists you and your partner to identify the underlying fears and desires that motivate your personalities’ traits and patterns.
- THE ENNEAGRAM helps you and your partner to step outside of your personality traits and patterns and observe them more objectively and compassionately from a place of safety.
- THE ENNEAGRAM not only gives us an understanding of the underlying and subconscious beliefs, defences, attitudes, and fixed behaviour patterns that lead us to get stuck or frustrated with ourselves, our partner, and our relationship, but also gives us tools to get unstuck from that which is holding us back.
- THE ENNEAGRAM can help you to get to know your own and your partner’s true natures. Who are you without your defence mechanisms?
- Through exploration, THE ENNEAGRAM supports you and your partner to expand your self-awareness, can accelerate your personal growth journeys and deepen intimacy with each other.
- THE ENNEAGRAM can equip you with tools to manage your emotional triggers so you can show up more healthily for yourself and your partner in your relationship.
- THE ENNEAGRAM helps you to not take your own and your partner’s personalities personal.
THE 9 CORE MOTIVATIONS AND DESIRES OF EACH TYPE
Sources: Connect Coaching and cognadev.com/blog_128.html
- The First Two Sessions are individual Typing Sessions with the respective partners – we explore the unconscious motivations behind habitual behaviours through conversation and filling in questionnaires to discover which one of the 9 Core Types of the Enneagram each individual is. Once we’ve determined the partners’ Dominant Types, we can start delving deeper…
- In the First Joint Session, we explore the couple’s Types in more depth – how do their Types operate at a low, average, or high level of health. What do their Types tend to do when in a Stressed phase, and what do their Types tend to do when in an Integrated phase. How do each partner’s Type influence the cause and resolution of conflict and more.
- In the Fourth Session, we recognise some destructive patterns and discuss options to break the cycle of unhealthy choices by exploring their Enneagram Wings and Subtypes, and how they can help ‘balance out’ each partner’s Type. How can the partners support themselves and each other in their respective lives and as a couple?
- In Subsequent Sessions, I help you to incorporate the knowledge you have of your Types to deal with specific challenges you face as a couple – finances, family, friends, children, or whatever the couple’s specific challenge might be.